Dr. Maegan Pisman: ABA Therapy, Access & Tele-Health Tech
Season 1, Episode 9
In this podcast we speak with Dr. Maegan Pisman who specializes in providing comprehensive- and focused-treatment applied behavioral analysis (ABA) services using a telehealth model for individuals with learning deficits or behavioral challenges. Demand for ABA therapy services has accelerated rapidly since the early 1990s with much of the increase coming within the realm of interventions for individuals diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Families of people with Autism have played a major role in advocating for public policies and insurance coverage. There still remains some confusion, misunderstanding, and misrepresentation regarding these services, its applications, and qualifications for practicing ABA professionally.
Dr. Pisman has over 11 years of education, training and research experience in this area. Her range of study includes work and research in areas including assessment and treatment of severe challenging behaviors, ASD and other disabilities, as well as pediatric feeding disorders.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy and its growth within the health field.
- Why and how tele-health has improved access and outcomes for this therapy.
- What a tele-health visit “looks” like for her clients.
- The benefits of engaging with tele-health technology to improve benefits in urban and rural areas.
- Dr. Pisman’s suggestions on how we can begin opening up to alternative access models for our own health.
Dr. Maegan Pisman, founder of Imbueity, providing applied behavior analytic (ABA) services for individuals, families, students, and organizations.
- Website: www.Imbueity.com
- Phone: 510-560-6393
- Email: email@example.com